Laura Loves: Dry Shampoo & a DIY

One of my 'Beauty Secrets' is Dry Shampoo. I have very thick and heavy hair, therefore I try to keep the hassle of washing, drying, and styling it to a minimum. I usually wash it every other day, sometimes  every third. It totally depends on the weather, the styling, and my workouts.

Over the years I have tried several different things. Here is a quick overview:

1. Baby Powder
Pros: The price - Baby powder is cheap and lasts you for a really long time.
Cons: The white stuck to my hair, and I had to brush it out big time, before going anywhere. That was also the reason why I stopped using it.



2. Suave Keratin Dry Shampoo, $3.47
Pros: It is super affordable. It doesn't weigh down your hair and really fulfills its purpose of adding volume and sucking out the grease.
Cons: Like a lot of other products it adds a white film to your hair, that you will have to brush out.


3. Big Sexy Hair - Volumizing Dry Shampoo, $12.99
Pros: It is a powder and adds volume to your hair.
Cons: It is very sticky, which led to me touching my hair a lot, because it felt uncomfortable. This then brought on the even more greasy hair. It also has a very chemical smell.


4. Bumble & Bumble Hair Powder, $33.29
Pros: You can buy it in different nuances. It makes your hair less greasy by soaking up a good amount of the oils in your roots.
Cons: You have to match up your hair color, because if you go to light or dark, it will stain your hair. Also you have to spray precisely, since the powder leaves residue on your face.


After trying these products, I decided that it was time to go back to a more natural way, so I started researching. I found a lot of different hair treatments, from not washing your hair at all, to the No Poo Method, the homemade shampoos, and then finally a couple of clean, simple and easy methods to make your own Dry Shampoo. It is so much easier than I thought and there is a ridiculously simple solution to avoid the white residue as a brunette: Cocoa Powder.





That's it. Easy as that. 
I filled mine into a powdered sugar shaker, to make it easier to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment