IT'S TIME FOR SOME (NOT SO) SCARY MOVIES...


TOP 5 (NOT SO) SCARY MOVIES:

CASPER           
           

Casper was the first scary movie I saw as a child. I remember seeing it with my mama, on the couch with a bunch of snacks. After that I always dreamed of moving into a spooky house and having a friend who is a ghost. It had something magical, and even though Halloween wasn't a big thing in Germany when I first saw the movie I really liked the 'party' they had and how they all dressed up in scary costumes. I have to admit: Casper got me hooked (hey, I was 8). Over the years I added 'scary' movies to the collection. Last year Russell took me to see Frankenweenie, and it went right into my heart and oton the Top 5. I love the story, the music, and the characters. Another 'not so scary movie' I enjoyed last year was Hotel Transylvania, not quite as much as Frankenweenie, but it was an entertaining and funny movie.

Truth is the five movies listed above tell me that fall is upon us and Halloween is getting close, and it gets me excited. I love summer, but once the leaves start to fall and turn colors I am ready to get comfy, sit on the couch, watch a good movie, and forget everything around me… A couple of nights ago I came home from class and Russ made me a cup of hot milk and honey and put on 'The Nightmare before Christmas'. Watching it also inspired me for this years pumpkins. Right now we are contemplating just staying in on Halloween to watch a bunch of movies and munch on our favorite snacks...

8 comments:

  1. I'm definitely all about the (not) scary Halloween movies. What great picks!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like Halloween is not the same without these movies :)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic post!
    Loving your blog, would you like to follow each other via bloglovin, gfc, twitter and instagram?
    If so let me know and I'll follow you right back!
    Hope you are well and having a fantastic day
    New post on my blog, I'd love to find out what you think :)
    Lots of love
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nightmare before Christmas is one of my favourite films, good choice :)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these! horror movies are NOT my cup of tea, so these are much better :)
    xo

    the well-traveled wife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get way too scared to, and these are way more fun!

      Delete
  5. Great list! I watched all of these except Frankenweenie in October! (Plus Hocus Pocus)

    ReplyDelete